Helsinki, Finland, August 26th-27th, 2019.
Sign up and grab your ticket for 1 650 € (+ vat)! We are sold out! If you would like to be notified of a last-minute cancellation, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add you to the waiting list.
This 2-day workshop is designed to show you how to use Agile and Lean techniques to facilitate change.
Lean Change Management is a modern approach to change management that takes ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, Organizational Development, and Change Management in order to help you figure out the best approach to the change you’re faced with.
You’ll learn what Agile is, and how to apply Agile thinking to your change programs, as well as many good practices and light-weight planning and exploration tools for getting your change off the ground and headed in the right direction.
- Understand how to apply Agile and Lean techniques to Change Management
- How to use Agile techniques within your existing Change Management framework
- How to reframe resistance to change to response to change
- How to modernize your change management practices
- Combine ideas from Lean Startup, Agile, OD and CM to develop your own contextual change framework
- Alternatives to ROI and project management thinking
- How to use light-weight planning and measurement tools such as Change Canvases, OKRs, Perspective Mapping and more.
2-DAY WORKSHOP AGENDA
- Introduction: why are you here? What is the ultimate question you hope to have answered?
- What is Lean Change Management, and how is it similar, and different, to how you approach change today?
- Agile Change Management: Overview of the Agile values and principles, and how you can apply that thinking to change management.
- Alignment: How to use light-weight tools for change readiness, change liftoffs, and ongoing facilitation of change
- Incremental Change: How to move away from traditional ROI and towards reducing uncertainty by breaking down change into quarterly objectives with tangible key results.
- Experiments: How to move away from change activities, and towards change experiments. This includes good practices for communication, creating alignment, providing status to change sponsors and more.
- People: Why the notion of ‘resistance to change’ is wrong, and why the “70% of changes fail” is incorrect. We’ll explore how different people respond to change differently, and how you, the change agent, can navigate that complexity
- Your Own Change Framework: We’ll take the learning from both days, and discuss what your own change framework could look like and you’ll answer your own questions that were created at the beginning of Day 1.
WHAT YOU GET
- A copy of Lean Change Management
- Access to the Lean Change Agent Network
- Lean Change Management workbook
- A lifetime of connections with over 2000 people who have attended these workshops(asof Dec 2017)
- The workshop will occur over two days, with both days starting at 9:00 and finishing by 16:30.
- Venue for the workshop is Huone, Kamppi at Malminkatu 30.
- Lunch and afternoon coffee are included.
- The workshop itself and all the materials are in English.
- The early bird offer is valid until the end of day, August 9th.
“Attending the lean change agent workshop with Jason was a great experience. I acquired a hands-on tool set and feel prepared for leading change initiatives. Thanks Jason – great job!”
–Roland Wolfig, Berlin 2015
“The workshop mirrored what he was teaching about change – that you have to have a growth mindset when it comes to learning and changing. I would recommend anyone who has anything to do with organizational change to attend this course. ThanksJason!”
–Ro Gorrell, Perth 2015
“LOVED this course! Jason re-energized me!”
–Beth Wingerd, Washington 2016
“Thoughtful, patient, great facilitation, great temperament and delivery style.”
–Manjit Singh, Washington 2016
“Overall, I thought the course was very well facilitated – I felt engaged and interested the entire time”
–Jordan Job, Chicago 2015
“Knowledgable with real life experiences. Very good communicator, engaging and interesting”
–Shyamala Keshamouni, Detroit 2016
“I experienced an awesome usage and recombination of existing, “classical change methods” combined in a fresh and inspiring way to plan and execute changes… the lean way. A lot of shared practical experiences – by Jason and through given time for group discussion and cool group exercises helped me to understand the Lean Change Management cycle of – Insights – Options – Experiments. +1 for Lean Change – the workshop inspired me!”
–Sebastian Radics, Munich 2014
Jason began his career as a web developer when Cold Fusion roamed the earth. Over the following years, he moved into management, Agile Coaching and consulting. The bumps and bruises collected along the way brought him to the realization that helping organizations adopt Agile practices was less about the practices, and all about change.
In 2008 he attended an experiential learning conference about how people experience change and since then, he’s been writing, and speaking, all over the world about helping organizations discover more effective practices for managing organizational change.
All information collected will only be used for the purposes of registering for this course, and for communication related to the course itself. For questions please contact email@example.com.